Πέμπτη 4 Σεπτεμβρίου 2014

Creating a "xroma" ring

Today, 13/2/2014 is xroma's 1st birthday!
So, it's a nice opportunity to show you how I create a "xroma" ring:


1. First, I paint the ring base with enamel:



2. The next day, when the enamel is dry, I add: 
-one layer of ice resin (liquid glass), 
-then, the decorative inlay (so that it looks like it "floats" in the ring)
-then, a final layer of resin:



3. I use a straw to spread the resin evenly and to bring the bubbles on the surface:



4.With aheat gun, I pop the bubbles:



5. I also use a lighter to pop the remaining bubbles 
(carefully, because too much heat can "burn" the resin):


I repeat these last 3 steps continuously for an hour, because new bubbles keep coming on the surface


6. I use a plastic bowl to cover the ring, because resin attracts dust, hair etc.:



7. In 24-36 hours the new ring is ready to be put in the gift bag!



Δεν υπάρχουν σχόλια:

Δημοσίευση σχολίου